Are you retiring this year and want to be acknowledged at the ASE June 6, 2016 Statewide Conference?
You must let us know by May 27, 2016 in writing either by:
fax (781-742-7278) or
Download Retirement Template
ALERT NOTICE: The ASE Community---Information For Massachusetts School Districts: Eagleton School SCHOOL CLOSING :
1. ASE has been notified that the Eagleton School is projected to close on Friday, April 8, 2016.
2. Click here to download a list of approved programs( provided to ASE from DESE)
that provideservices for students with similar needs to the Eagleton School program.
3. For MA School Districts who have found a suitable( new) program
replacement/alternative program for a student attending Eagleton, and the new replacement/alternative
program does not have an opening/space, DESE may be able to provide assistance for the enrollment/space need
4. DESE is aware some MA LEAs may experience an increase in tuition costs due to the unexpected
need ( Eagleton School closing) for a replacement/alternative special education program for a student who
has been attending Eagleton and is reviewing potential strategies to support school districts in situations
where the cost of the new program is a substantial increase (Districts may be eligible for extraordinary relief.
More information will be provided to districts with students placed at Eagleton)
5. For districts needing assistance with the above or have questions,
please contact DESE directly; Ms. Helene Bettencourt, Chief of Staff @ 781-338-3120
Restraint and Seclusion Training
Restraint Training June 20 Event Registration Closed
We have reached capacity for this event.
Download ASE June 2016 Conference Materials
DESE-State Director's Overview of Activities
by Marcia Mittnacht, State Director of Special Education, MA DESE